Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Madama Butterfly

My initial reaction to Madama Butterfly by Pjotr Sapegin was a feeling of strangeness and discomfort, the dolls are somewhat creepy and them having intercourse was not exactly what I expected. My initial feelings grew into pity for the woman since the sailor had left her pregnant and alone on the island. When she then gave birth to a crying fish which proceeded to morph into a child which she then happened to fly like a kite my feelings turned into a bit of confusion. I thought that when the sailor did come back that it was going to be a happy ending however he took her child with him and brought her to his family with his beautiful blonde wife and again I felt pity for the woman. The last part I actually did understand and that the man leaving her and taking her child literally tore her apart this made me feel sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment